- Former Kroger CEO Calls Executive Pay ‘Extreme’Think Progress - Aug 27David Dillon, the former CEO of the supermarket chain Kroger, told the audience of an Aspen Ideas festival that his pay in his last year on the job, which clocked in at nearly $13 million, “even seems ludicrous to me.” Read »
- Think your employees are 100% focused? TouchSuite gets everyone on board with its mission--and recalibrates daily. Read »
- Kathryn Bufano: Be A Change Agent Personally And...Fortune - Aug 27Today, Kathryn Bufano begins her term as CEO of Bon-Ton Stores, a regional department store company based in York, Pennsylvania and Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The former president and chief merchandising officer with Belk Stores,... Read »
- Twitch CEO: Here’s Why We Sold To Amazon For $970MBusiness Insider - Aug 26Twitch was just acquired by Amazon for $970 million in an all-cash deal, and the CEO of the video-game streaming site has written a letter to all of Twitch's 55 million-plus users to let them know why he made the deal. Read »
- Warren Buffett, Burger King And The Big Money Behind...Forbes - Aug 26Warren Buffet’s decision to finance Burger King’s inversion transaction, first reported by The Wall Street Journal, is just the latest example of a prominent billionaire investor backing such a deal. Read »
- JetBlue CEO Fires Back At Wall Street AnalystsBusinessweek - Aug 26Several Wall Street analysts have been agitating for JetBlue Airways (JBLU) to replace Chief Executive Officer David Barger when his contract expires in February. He’s too passenger-friendly, they say, and impedes measures... Read »
- Time Warner CEO Cuts Over 500 Senior Workers At...Fortune - Aug 26Time Warner’s Turner Broadcasting will offer buyouts to more than 500 senior employees in its bid to streamline operating costs. Read »
- RadioShack, Nabors Stick With CEO Pay Despite...WSJ - Aug 26Meet the renegades of executive pay: two dozen companies, including Oracle Corp., RadioShack Corp. and Nabors Industries Ltd., that keep giving top officers sky-high pay packages and luxury perks despite shareholder ire. Read »
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.'s new chief executive wants to sell less-profitable mining assets at the right price rather than separate into two firms. Read »
- Market Basket Sale Said Near As Board Weighs...Bloomberg - Aug 25Market Basket, the U.S. supermarket chain paralyzed since the ouster of company head Arthur T. Demoulas, may announce a deal today or tomorrow to sell the company, a person familiar with the matter said. Read »
- 4 Ways Tim Cook Has Changed Apple As CEOTime - Aug 25Here’s a look at four ways Apple has changed during the Era of Cook. Read »
- Starbucks, Reinvented: A Seven-Year Study On Schultz,...Forbes - Aug 25Harvard Business School Professor and historian Nancy Koehn has studied Starbucks SBUX +0.96% and its leader, Howard Schultz, for close to 20 years. For her, the company represents much more than a phenomenal success story. Read »
- Burger King’s 33-Year-Old CEO Has Been Cutting...Business Insider - Aug 25Burger King is in talks to buy Canadian coffee and donut chain Tim Hortons, and shares are going crazy. Read »
- KPMG’s John Veihmeyer On The Resurgence Of American...Forbes - Aug 25Forbes Insights discusses the findings of the report with John Veihmeyer, Global Chairman of KPMG and Chairman and CEO of KPMG in the U.S. Read »
- How Does Zillow’s CEO Manage? By LearningFortune - Aug 25At the real estate information site Zillow, leadership starts by saying “I don’t know”—then doggedly seeking out an answer. Read »
- CEOs in the News
CEOs in the News
A 360° View Of the CEOWhat do executives and employees say about their bosses behind closed doors?
2013 Social CEO ReportWe did it again. Are America's top CEOs getting more social?
The CEO Information Consumption ReportFind out where, how and on which devices CEOs are relying on for news, trends and other information.