- Happy Employees Equals Happy CustomersForbes - Mar 4Imagine you are a contact center agent. You are stuffed into an office with a ton of other people. You’re given access to a phone and some old CRM software. You’re hungry and you need fresh air. Your manager doesn’t... Read »
- Can A Co-CEO Model Really Work?CEO.com - Mar 4It's not a new concept. In fact, some European countries such as Germany have long incorporated a tradition of shared leadership. In America, the concept of co-CEOs is becoming a more common occurrence. Whether by choice or... Read »
- Team Leaders Need Better Data, FasterHBR - Mar 4Study performance inside any organization and one finding leaps out at you. It’s one of those revelations that is at once obvious and surprising, the sort of discovery that’s as clear as day, and yet makes you realize... Read »
- Email Etiquette: 3 Do’s And Don’tsFortune - Mar 4Many of us have a love-hate relationship with email; however, most of us couldn’t do our jobs without it. In fact, according to a study in April 2014 by The Radicati Group, the average number of business-related emails... Read »
- Will This Be The Year Of The Female CEO?HuffPo - Mar 4Patricia Arquette owned this year's Oscars moment when her acceptance speech took a sharp turn into a rousing cry for pay equality. If you didn't catch it live, you probably saw her speech (and Meryl Streep's reaction)... Read »
- 10 Things The Most Persevering People DoInc - Mar 4What is it that sends people searching for ways to create success in their lives? They grasp at the latest fads and the newest techniques, all with the hope of capturing the magic they see in others who are highly... Read »
- 4 Leadership Traits Shared By Successful Quarterbacks...Entrepreneur - Mar 4A football team is a business enterprise with the quarterback at the helm. I attribute my success and desire to start my own company, while playing in the NFL, to my experiences and growth as a quarterback. Actually,... Read »
- When Hope Becomes Your Best Leadership StrategySwitch and Shift - Mar 4“I believe hope is the only thing we can never afford to be without, and the jet fuel for the journey of work and life.” – Libby Gill Given the current state of work, I believe there are few things more important... Read »
- Strategically Planning Your Business’s Long ViewOpen Forum - Mar 4Very few challenges are as exciting and as complicated as the task of building a strategic plan for long-term growth and sustainability. It's critical to first establish an understanding of the strategic foundation that... Read »
- Lead From Where You Are And With All That You HaveLolly Daskal - Mar 4How many times have you heard yourself say If only I had the right role … the right job … the right business … the right opportunity, then I would step into my leadership. But that role, position, opportunity, or... Read »
- 9 Things To Do To Grow As A LeaderHuffPo - Mar 4Corporations, governments, universities and global development organizations alike have released research highlighting a shortage of quality leaders. However, more than ever before, the need for globally-minded leaders is... Read »
- Roger was a young rising star. He had always been successful, and prided himself on his brains, speed, and ability to deliver impressive results. His company had just appointed him to take over a troubled country operation... Read »
- What Are The Most Common Mistakes First-Time...Fortune - Mar 3We see this situation all too often. Two friends, the best of mates, decide to become 50/50 partners in a new venture. The friends decide that they will both be Directors of the company and equally own 50% of the issued... Read »
- How To Stop A Presentation That’s Going BadlyForbes - Mar 3I learned at Skip Barber’s racecar driving school that “when you spin, put both feet in.” This means that if you’re on the racetrack and your car spins out, press the clutch and brake hard, fast and simultaneously.... Read »
- There is one time of year when baseball players have a chance for a fresh start. They can rid themselves of the sting of last season's painful losses. They also can curb the heightened expectations and huge egos that come... Read »
- News & Insights
News & Insights
2014 Social CEO ReportIt’s that time of year again. Are CEOs finally going social?
A 360° View Of the CEOWhat do executives and employees say about their bosses behind closed doors?
The CEO Information Consumption ReportFind out where, how and on which devices CEOs are relying on for news, trends and other information.