- How To Catch Those Fleeting Investment OpportunitiesMcKinsey - Dec 15Time is of the essence for many of the small to medium-size investment opportunities that companies face during the course of a year. The right moment can be fleeting, for example, to scale up production in a unit that... Read »
- Stealth Mode: The Case For Product First, Marketing...Mashable - Nov 13Press and marketing might accelerate businesses, but product builds the foundation. Nearly every entrepreneur gets tempted by the media’s spotlight, but when startups go to press too soon, they find themselves pivoting... Read »
- What Strategists Need: A Meeting Of The MindsMcKinsey - Oct 3Over the last 50 years, the theory and practice of business strategy have taken a variety of twists and turns. In the 1960s, strategy was equated largely with corporate planning; in the 1970s, the emphasis switched to... Read »
- What Are The Sinkholes In Your Strategy?Strategy-Business - Aug 18My firm was once asked by a CEO to assess the strategy of his company, one of the world’s largest. He wanted to know if there were any holes that he and his board should address. I’ve always thought this showed great... Read »
- How To Embrace And Manage FailureEntrepreneur - May 19“Fail fast” is an overly used and loaded adage. Entrepreneurs don’t wake up and ask themselves “How can I fail today?” What’s important is not to embrace failure, but to figure out how to manage it. How we face... Read »
- The Power Of Customer LoyaltyFox Business - May 19Which customers are most profitable for you and what marketing tactics work best to attract them and encourage customer loyalty? In a recent survey, Huzzah Media found there’s a big gap between what marketing methods small... Read »
- How Samsung Gets Innovations To MarketHBR - May 19In 2010 Samsung set up a small consumer-focused innovation team in London, headed by Luke Mansfield. The team’s mission was to come up with new products for the European market — and then, significantly, to convince... Read »
- When CEOs Tweet: Cautionary Tales For Execs On TwitterRagan - May 19These days if you sneeze funny, it can go viral—and for CEOs, catching a cold may be the least of their worries. The myriad social media tools available to CEOs can be a mixed bag. Take Twitter, for instance. There are... Read »
- 3 Tips For Standing Out From The CrowdInc - May 19People are impossibly busy these days, and it is getting more and more difficult to get anyone's attention. There just aren't enough hours in the day. At Springboard, I have spent the last five years expanding our network of... Read »
- 5 Strategies That Saved This Small StartupHuff Post - May 19They say that most startups don't make it 18 months. My current company, Rebel Pilgrim Productions, just survived to celebrate our two-year anniversary. We are probably typical of start-ups who make it this far. Read »
- 9 Ways To Get Work Assignments Off Your PlateLeadership Freak - May 19Stop assigning tasks to yourself. Successful leaders leave meetings with fewer tasks, not more. Delegating is taking stuff off your plate and putting it on someone else’s. But, if you’re always filling other... Read »
- Leaders Need To Get A Strategy Early OnHBR - May 16If these leaders are in their positions legitimately (and if they are not you have a much bigger problem), then strategists should want to use the leader’s judgment and experience to the maximum to improve the strategy.... Read »
- Social Intelligence Is Critical To Business SuccessStrategy+Business - May 16Under the leadership of its founding director, Thomas W. Malone, the center’s ambition is to put forth a new theory of group performance, bringing together insights from social psychology, computer science, group dynamics,... Read »
- 7 Simple Secrets Of The Best PresentationsInc - May 16I've written about presentations many times, but I've never provided the core truths that transform an average presentation into a killer one. Here they are: Read »
- How To Create A More Inclusive Workplace CultureThe Guardian - May 15Have you ever felt like an outsider or an onlooker at work? If you've ever felt more like an invisible spectator than part of a team, then you've experienced the powerful feeling of being the 'other'. Anyone can feel like... Read »
2014 Social CEO ReportIt’s that time of year again. Are CEOs finally going social?
A 360° View Of the CEOWhat do executives and employees say about their bosses behind closed doors?
The CEO Information Consumption ReportFind out where, how and on which devices CEOs are relying on for news, trends and other information.
- 16 hours ago--
- 2 days ago--
- 2 days ago--
- When Not To Celebrate Failure(CEO.com)3 days ago--
- 6 days ago--