- Boards Aren’t As Global As Their BusinessesHBR - Oct 29There’s a growing consensus that companies need strong, independent boards full of qualified directors if they are to sidestep risks and seize opportunities in our complex and dynamic international economy. Being generally... Read »
- Pressure Mounts For Credit Suisse CEO To Quit For...Huff Post - May 19Credit Suisse Chief Executive Brady Dougan came under further pressure to resign on Sunday, with a key figure in Switzerland's largest party becoming the latest politician to call for a change in the bank's leadership over... Read »
- Mexico’s Cemex Taps Insiders For CEO, Chairman RolesReuters - May 16Mexico's Cemex , one of the world's leading cement makers, on Thursday promoted Chief Financial Officer Fernando Gonzalez to chief executive, signaling continuity after the sudden death of Lorenzo Zambrano earlier this week.... Read »
- Pfizer Avoids Job-Cut Details In AstraZenecaNYT - May 13Pfizer opened the door on Tuesday to a possible higher offer for AstraZeneca, saying the deal remained compelling. It also urged AstraZeneca’s board to engage in discussions that may result in “a transaction that... Read »
- Lorenzo Zambrano Cemex CEO DiesBloomberg - May 13Lorenzo Zambrano, who built Cemex SAB into the biggest cement producer in the Americas with a two-decade, $29 billion buying spree and then saw the Mexican company flirt with default, has died at 70. Zambrano died of natural... Read »
- Barclays Ex-CEO Faces Questioning Over Qatar DealBusinessweek - May 12U.K. prosecutors will question Robert Diamond, former chief executive officer of Barclays Plc, in a probe into fees paid to Qatar’s sovereign-wealth fund as the bank sought to raise money to avoid a government bailout,... Read »
- CEO Charged In South Korea Ferry DisasterCNN - May 8The head of the company that operated a passenger ferry that sank off South Korea last month killing more than 260 people was arrested Thursday. Kim Han-sik, chief executive officer of Cheonghaejin Marine Company, is being... Read »
- 5 Roadblocks To Growing Your BusinessFortune - May 8Companies often encounter barriers as they mature. Here are five big ones and how to break through them. Read »
- Chinese E-Commerce Giant Alibaba Files For IPOForbes - May 7Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group filed registration documents on Tuesday to go public in the U.S. in what may be one of the biggest initial public offerings in American history. Read »
- The first time Jack Ma used the Internet, in 1995, he searched for “beer” and “China” but found no results. Intrigued, he created a basic web page for a Chinese translation service with a friend. Within hours, he... Read »
- Barclays Asia CEO To RetireWSJ - May 2Barclays PLC's top executive in Asia plans to retire from the bank, paving the way for a shake-up of its management team in the region. His is the latest departure of a senior executive from the British lender. Robert... Read »
- Bill Gates Urges China’s Wealthy To Give To The...Business Insider - Apr 29Bill Gates has urged China's extraordinarily wealthy business elite to shed its aversion to philanthropy and donate to the poor, a potent message in one of the world's most economically divided societies. "Only when we help... Read »
- CEO Of BG Group Quits, Citing Personal ReasonsNYT - Apr 28The British oil and gas company BG said on Monday that its chief executive, Chris Finlayson, was resigning “with immediate effect, for personal reasons,” and confirmed that its production was likely to decline this year. Read »
- U.S. Slaps Sanctions On Russia’s Biggest Oil TycoonBusiness Insider - Apr 28Rosneft CEO Igor Sechin, who is considered one of the most powerful men in Russia and the country's most prominent oil tycoon, was among seven Russian people sanctioned by the U.S. on Monday for their roles in the escalating... Read »
- CEO Of Russia’s Biggest Social Media Site Flees The...Yahoo! - Apr 24The founder of Russia's leading social media network — a wunderkind often described as Russia's Mark Zuckerberg — has left his post as CEO and fled the country as cronies of President Vladimir Putin have made steady... Read »
- Global Business
- 3 days ago--
- 2 days ago--
- 6 days ago--
- 1 day ago--
- 4 Questions That Help Build A Winning Leadership Team(Entrepreneur)3 days ago--
2014 Social CEO ReportIt’s that time of year again. Are CEOs finally going social?
A 360° View Of the CEOWhat do executives and employees say about their bosses behind closed doors?
The CEO Information Consumption ReportFind out where, how and on which devices CEOs are relying on for news, trends and other information.