- Conventional wisdom says that, in negotiations, it’s better to offer the other party a firm number rather than a range. The thinking is that a hiring manager who hears, “I want between $40,000 and $45,000″ will focus... Read »
- It’s Time To Democratize Change ManagementSwitch and Shift - Feb 25There was a time – not so long ago – when the need for Change in our organizations only came every now and then. The truth is that one could see it (the Change) coming, one could adapt to it, one had the time to tweak... Read »
- How A Simple Story Can Improve Your BusinessAmerican Express - Feb 6Do you think business strategy is for someone else? You're running your business, putting out fires, holding the fort, and—thank goodness—things are going well. Strategy is something you leave for the academics and... Read »
- Strategies: 2 Words That Can Save Your BusinessUSA Today - Jan 23If you want to grow your small business, sooner or later, you'll hear this advice: "Work ON your business and not just IN it." In other words, step back from day-to-day tasks and look at the big picture of why you're doing... Read »
- 5 Proven Ways To Lead In The Fast LaneSwitch and Shift - Jan 22Do you recognize the feeling that time seems to go more rapidly as you grow older? Apart from this psychological effect of time, something is really happening to time as well. According to Moore’s law, technological... Read »
- To Generate Successful Strategic Improvements, Start...Chief Executive - Jan 16I’ve seen many improvement efforts conduct a value stream map to review the current processes. Then comes a defensive discussion of people having to justify why they’ve been doing what they’re doing for years—and why... Read »
- How To Adopt A ‘Do It Different’ MindsetSwitch and Shift - Jan 6Most of us are creatures of habit, and it serves us well in many ways. We create basic routines and habits that help guide our daily lives, maximize our productivity and give us the sense that we will have the emotional and... Read »
- How To Catch Those Fleeting Investment OpportunitiesMcKinsey - Dec 15Time is of the essence for many of the small to medium-size investment opportunities that companies face during the course of a year. The right moment can be fleeting, for example, to scale up production in a unit that... Read »
- Stealth Mode: The Case For Product First, Marketing...Mashable - Nov 13Press and marketing might accelerate businesses, but product builds the foundation. Nearly every entrepreneur gets tempted by the media’s spotlight, but when startups go to press too soon, they find themselves pivoting... Read »
- What Strategists Need: A Meeting Of The MindsMcKinsey - Oct 3Over the last 50 years, the theory and practice of business strategy have taken a variety of twists and turns. In the 1960s, strategy was equated largely with corporate planning; in the 1970s, the emphasis switched to... Read »
- What Are The Sinkholes In Your Strategy?Strategy-Business - Aug 18My firm was once asked by a CEO to assess the strategy of his company, one of the world’s largest. He wanted to know if there were any holes that he and his board should address. I’ve always thought this showed great... Read »
- How To Embrace And Manage FailureEntrepreneur - May 19“Fail fast” is an overly used and loaded adage. Entrepreneurs don’t wake up and ask themselves “How can I fail today?” What’s important is not to embrace failure, but to figure out how to manage it. How we face... Read »
- The Power Of Customer LoyaltyFox Business - May 19Which customers are most profitable for you and what marketing tactics work best to attract them and encourage customer loyalty? In a recent survey, Huzzah Media found there’s a big gap between what marketing methods small... Read »
- How Samsung Gets Innovations To MarketHBR - May 19In 2010 Samsung set up a small consumer-focused innovation team in London, headed by Luke Mansfield. The team’s mission was to come up with new products for the European market — and then, significantly, to convince... Read »
- When CEOs Tweet: Cautionary Tales For Execs On TwitterRagan - May 19These days if you sneeze funny, it can go viral—and for CEOs, catching a cold may be the least of their worries. The myriad social media tools available to CEOs can be a mixed bag. Take Twitter, for instance. There are... Read »
- 1 week ago--
- 5 Companies That Do Less, Better(CEO.com)5 days ago--
- 5 days ago--
- 1 day ago--
- 5 days ago--
2014 Social CEO ReportIt’s that time of year again. Are CEOs finally going social?
A 360° View Of the CEOWhat do executives and employees say about their bosses behind closed doors?
The CEO Information Consumption ReportFind out where, how and on which devices CEOs are relying on for news, trends and other information.