- Forget Big Data, Business Leaders Still Go With Their...Mashable - Jul 16Do you ever worry that robots will one day run our major corporations, making dispassionate decisions based strictly on big data and cold statistical analyses? Or maybe some of us think that time has already come? Read »
- The White House recently published two new reports on Big Data and privacy. The reports outline six policy recommendations, including new legislation to define consumer rights regarding how online activity data is gathered... Read »
- Boosting Customer Loyalty With Big DataFox Business - Apr 28Are you paying attention to your existing customers? If not, you may want to reconsider your priorities: According to a new report, more than half of the annual revenue for 61 percent of small business owners comes from... Read »
- Microsoft’s Nadella Envisions Cultural Shift...Entrepreneur - Apr 16You’ve likely heard of artificial intelligence. But in a new post on Microsoft’s company blog, CEO Satya Nadella envisions a revolutionary era of “ambient intelligence.” This is a future in which “nearly all... Read »
- 3 Steps To Complete The Marketing Data LoopMediaPost - Apr 15Whether you’re struggling to prove marketing success or in need of smarter insights at a faster pace, make your data work for you. By using these steps, marketers can seamlessly close the gap between their efforts and a... Read »
- If You’re Not Using Big Data To Hire, You’re...Entrepreneur - Apr 11According to a survey by Silicon Valley Bank, 90 percent of startups believe finding talent is their biggest challenge. Yet, a solution to this problem could lie with Big Data -- massive amounts of structured and... Read »
- The Case For A ‘Total Data’ Strategyinformation management - Apr 11Unless you have been hiding in a cave for the past two years, you will certainly agree that the hype surrounding big data has been dramatically rising, probably faster than any technology hype to date. And if you believe... Read »
- In this age of big data, it’s become all too commonplace for data-driven marketing to feel creepy, overly familiar, or just plain wrong. Read »
- How To Leverage Smart (Not Big) DataInc - Apr 9Snackable content, engagement, thought leadership. You've heard these marketing buzzwords everywhere. Though the biggest offender of all is probably this one--big data. Read »
As organizations collect increasingly large and diverse data sets, the demand for skilled data scientists will continue to rise. In fact, it was dubbed “The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century” by HBR. Unfortunately, the... Read »
- Google Flu Trends And The Limits Of Big DataNYT - Mar 28Google Flu Trends, once a poster child for the power of big-data analysis, seems to be under attack. Read »
- Why Good Data Will Always Win Against Big DataHBR - Mar 26In their best-selling 2013 book Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work and Think, authors Viktor Mayer-Schönberger and Kenneth Cukier selected Google Flu Trends (GFT) as the lede of chapter one. They... Read »
- How Big Data Cut Emergency Room VisitsBusinessweek - Mar 25ER visits by Medicaid patients fell by 10 percent in the program’s first year, and the rate of ER visits that resulted in non-acute diagnosis decreased more than 14 percent. Overall, the state says its Medicaid ER costs... Read »
- Why Your HR Department Should Use Data AnalyticsInc - Mar 25All the talk about big data and analytics tends to obscure the most obvious and important question: Does it work? Read »
Top Big Data Infographics From The Past YearBusinessIntelligence.com - Mar 24The Internet is flooded with infographics. There are so many that there are actually infographics about the efficacy of infographics and about the increasing number of infographics being created. Luckily, you don’t have to... Read »
- Big Data
A 360° View Of the CEOWhat do executives and employees say about their bosses behind closed doors?
2013 Social CEO ReportWe did it again. Are America's top CEOs getting more social?
The CEO Information Consumption ReportFind out where, how and on which devices CEOs are relying on for news, trends and other information.