- Last week, we learned that Timothy D. Cook, Apple’s chief executive, was paid $9.2 million for 2014. Jamie Dimon of JPMorgan Chase made $20 million. The Starbucks chief Howard Schultz took home $21.5 million. And Viacom... Read »
- CEO Pension Benefits: Bigger Than The Pay Advantage?Business Week - Jan 9For many new retirees, the biggest worry isn’t about how they’ll keep themselves busy after years of the 9-to-5 grind. It’s whether they’ll have enough money to get by during their golden years. Not so for Gregg... Read »
- How Boards Can Rein In CEO PayHBR - Dec 2The wolves are out and circling on the question of CEO pay, since more and more executives are walking away with their pockets lined while their organizations flounder. Take, for example, Tom Albanese, who stepped down as... Read »
- These 7 Companies Spent More On CEO Pay Than Federal...Fortune - Nov 20Seven of the country’s 30 largest corporations doled out more to their chief executives last year than to Uncle Sam. These seven firms reported more than $74 billion in profits last year and received a combined total of... Read »
- More Transparency, More Pay For CEOsNYT - Nov 11“It’s very seldom that publishing compensation accomplishes much for the shareholders. No C.E.O. looks at a proxy statement and comes away saying, ‘I should be paid less.’ ” Warren Buffett made that contrarian... Read »
- Why Do American CEOs Make Twice As Much As German...Fortune - Nov 4Seeing chief executives like Microsoft’s Satya Nadella make $84 million a year has become so commonplace in the U.S that it’s easy to glaze over and ignore it altogether. That’s especially the case for those approving... Read »
- The next big step in China’s anticorruption drive will hit executive suites hard. Read »
- Meet The Wealthiest Person In Every US StateBusiness Insider - Oct 16Bill Gates, Christy Walton, Harold Hamm, and Warren Buffett all made this year's list. Read »
- Should We Cap Pay Now That A CEO Earns 120 Times The...Forbes - Oct 13I, of course, being a free marketeer, would reject the idea that there should be maximum wages: just as I do that there should be minimum ones. But over and above then ideological objection there’s something that the... Read »
- About That CEO/Employee Pay GapWSJ - Oct 13Meanwhile, the AFL-CIO and its aligned think tanks have made hay of the huge difference between the pay of CEOs and employees. Read »
- Rupert Murdoch Took A Pay Cut…Or Did He?Fortune - Oct 6The News Corp demerger was supposed to unlock value for shareholders. But the changes seem to have also unlocked a good deal of cash for Rupert Murdoch. Read »
- Rumblings of discontent about executive wages, the 1%, and wealth gaps know no borders. And neither does fierce debate about income inequality in general. But until now, it’s been relatively unclear how much people think... Read »
- America’s Highest-Paid Female CEO Was Born A ManNY Post - Sep 8Martine Rothblatt, 59 — who founded the $5 billion pharmaceutical firm United Therapeutics and also co-founded Sirius — had sex reassignment surgery in 1994. Read »
- 17 Facts About Warren Buffett And His Wealth That...Yahoo - Aug 29Warren Buffett has been incredibly successful, and he's extremely wealthy. Warren Buffett's wealth jumped by around $12.7 billion in 2013 alone. But how much is $12.7 billion anyway? Read »
- Former Kroger CEO Calls Executive Pay ‘Extreme’Think Progress - Aug 27David Dillon, the former CEO of the supermarket chain Kroger, told the audience of an Aspen Ideas festival that his pay in his last year on the job, which clocked in at nearly $13 million, “even seems ludicrous to me.” Read »
- CEO Pay
2014 Social CEO ReportIt’s that time of year again. Are CEOs finally going social?
A 360° View Of the CEOWhat do executives and employees say about their bosses behind closed doors?
The CEO Information Consumption ReportFind out where, how and on which devices CEOs are relying on for news, trends and other information.