- Why Your Message Isn’t Getting ThroughSmartBlog - Aug 29Hoogterp kicks off his public-speaking book “Your Perfect Presentation” with this nugget of wisdom: it’s not about you. “When you stop thinking it’s about you, that is when your greatness emerges.” Read »
- Top 20 Corporate Weasel WordsInc - Aug 28You won't learn about these common corporate phrases in business school, but they're required reading if you want to navigate the corporate world. Read »
- Who’s Being Left Out On Your Team?HBR - Aug 27Feeling left out or ignored at work can have tremendously negative effects on workers’ well-being. In a recent survey, researchers at the University of Ottawa found that workplace ostracism does greater harm to... Read »
- Curiosity Is As Important As IntelligenceBloomberg - Aug 27In any event, the relative complexity of different eras is of little matter to the person who is simply struggling to cope with it in everyday life. So perhaps the right question is not “Is this era more complex?” but... Read »
- Why A Personal Connection Is Important: Lessons From...Forbes - Aug 26There is an important business lesson about creating a personal connection that we can all learn from the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Read »
- 4 Things Your Employees Are Desperately Trying To...Forbes - Aug 25When it comes to the roles of the office, managers talk and employees listen. Right? Read »
- What’s Wrong With Being Passive Aggressive?Switch and Shift - Aug 22A client asked me this question recently when I discussed with them how perhaps they needed to be more consistently assertive in their interactions in the workplace. There was obvious confusion about what the term... Read »
- 5 Secret Communication Codes For Great LeadersSwitch and Shift - Aug 21In the age of 144 characters, Instagram, and OMG, BFF and LOL, authentic communication has taken a back seat to brevity and expediency, often at the expense of clarity and accuracy. From my research, I believe we want... Read »
- 7 Tips For Bringing Virtual Teams TogetherSwitch and Shift - Aug 20Virtual companies can often run like well-oiled machines, with high productivity and work-life balance for employees, well, in balance. I founded the 1 Million for Work Flexibility movement because I know just how valuable... Read »
- 4 Ways To Diffuse A Toxic WorkplaceEntrepreneur - Aug 19Despite the size of your organization, what department you work in or who you report to, if you are a manager it is up to you to ensure that people are comfortable under your company’s roof. Still, some people walk into... Read »
- Make Your Next ‘Big Meeting’ UnforgettableCEO.com - Aug 18It’s that time of year again: the annual company event that you hope will be even better than last year’s. For some reason, though, the registrations aren’t flying in like they used to. This isn’t exactly good for... Read »
- Leadership Secret: Ask Don’t TellLinkedIn - Aug 15How do leaders ‘fix’ problems? While it would seem obvious that persons in positions of leadership by virtue of their knowledge and experience usually provide expert advice to their teams, the reality is that... Read »
- It’s Time To Start Trusting Your Employees MoreFast Company - Aug 15How far are you willing to go to create employee engagement? Most companies will offer praise or occasional rewards, but given the much-quoted Gallup statistic that 71% of American workers don’t feel engaged, it’s safe... Read »
- How Type-A People Can Play Nice With OthersHBR - Aug 14People have always commented on the fact that I am highly driven – a “Type A” to a T. I set personal goals, manage multiple projects at once, and run at the speed of light. Sometimes, I feel like I am already in 2015.... Read »
- How To Apologize At WorkFortune - Aug 14“Apologizing at the office is not the same as in real life,” Bloom says. Depending on the circumstances, “there’s office politics to think about and, in certain situations, admitting fault can get you fired.” An... Read »
A 360° View Of the CEOWhat do executives and employees say about their bosses behind closed doors?
2013 Social CEO ReportWe did it again. Are America's top CEOs getting more social?
The CEO Information Consumption ReportFind out where, how and on which devices CEOs are relying on for news, trends and other information.