- Why CEOs Should Beware The Shifty Shades Of GrayCEO.com - Mar 6Recent headlines in the U.S. have appropriately called into question the integrity of several high-profile journalists whose reputations have not only defined their personal careers but also the credibility of the very... Read »
- Is Your Voice Holding You Back?BBC - Mar 5When you’re constantly in the public eye, you need a lot of confidence and presence. But for Jessica Procini, a Philadelphia-based lifestyle coach, the way she spoke felt like an impediment. The 28-year-old found that... Read »
- Roger was a young rising star. He had always been successful, and prided himself on his brains, speed, and ability to deliver impressive results. His company had just appointed him to take over a troubled country operation... Read »
- 7 Tips For How To Listen To Your EmployeesInc - Feb 26One of the big mistakes you can make in business is to stop listening. You can get great insight from many people, but some with the most to tell are your employees. They're typically closest to your customers and operations... Read »
- Conventional wisdom says that, in negotiations, it’s better to offer the other party a firm number rather than a range. The thinking is that a hiring manager who hears, “I want between $40,000 and $45,000″ will focus... Read »
- Daily Dose Of VisionGreat Leaders Serve - Feb 25Vision leaks. This is one of many leadership lessons Bill Hybels has taught me over the years. Tragically, many leaders miss this elemental truth. I guess the mistake is explainable, but not excusable. The logic goes... Read »
- Hard-Won Lessons In Creating And Inspiring An Engaged...CEO.com - Feb 25The average adult spends 65 percent of his or her waking hours at work. Yet according to the most recent studies, only a dismal 13 percent of workers worldwide (that’s less than 1 in 7) describe themselves as engaged,... Read »
- Why Conversation Could Be The Key To Beating StressSwitch and Shift - Feb 24New research from Harvard and Stanford Business Schools has found that stress-related health problems are costing us $180 billion each year in healthcare expenses. More alarmingly, health problems stemming from job stress... Read »
- How Leaders Should React When Someone DisappointsCEO.com - Feb 23“Why?” the CEO of the hedge fund yelled at one of his portfolio managers. “Why would you increase that investment? What were you thinking?” The portfolio manager muttered a weak defense which the CEO promptly and... Read »
- 3 Tips For Giving An Unforgettable PresentationCEO.com - Feb 19Far too often, bad presentations happen to smart people. We’ve all seen a few cluttered slides and jargon-filled sentences prevent great ideas from getting off the ground. The difference between an impactful presentation... Read »
- Why The Best Leaders Always Listen FirstInc - Feb 18His name was Jerry, and he was the best boss I've ever had. I was working at a small startup in Minneapolis in the 90s. Being young and hungry to show the masses I was ready to conquer the work world, I had somehow fallen... Read »
- If You Can’t Communicate, You Can’t LeadGreat Leaders Serve - Feb 18Communication is key to a leader’s success. In a recent post, I reviewed some of the reasons it is extremely difficult to communicate well. My list of contributing factors included: scope, time pressures, bias and... Read »
- 15 Habits Of Exceptionally Persuasive PeopleForbes - Feb 13Whether you’re convincing your boss to fund your project or your preschooler to wipe his own hiney after using the bathroom, persuasion is instrumental to your success and happiness. Persuasive people have an uncanny... Read »
- 9 Characteristics Of A Good Mentoring RelationshipHuffPo - Feb 12A good mentor is a gift from the Universe. If you find one, do everything you can to convince them that it is worth their while to mentor you. I am fortunate to be on both sides of the table almost on a weekly basis --... Read »
- Don’t Let A Communication Gap Derail Your...CEO.com - Feb 12Just talk to people. It sounds so easy. But for my co-founder Shaun Ritchie and me, learning to communicate better was a tough lesson. Now, we’re a much better company because of it. We started Neutron Interactive in... Read »
2014 Social CEO ReportIt’s that time of year again. Are CEOs finally going social?
A 360° View Of the CEOWhat do executives and employees say about their bosses behind closed doors?
The CEO Information Consumption ReportFind out where, how and on which devices CEOs are relying on for news, trends and other information.