- What New Team Leaders Should Do FirstHBR - Sep 12Getting people to work together isn’t easy, and unfortunately many leaders skip over the basics of team building in a rush to start achieving goals. But your actions in the first few weeks and months can have a major... Read »
- 7 Ways To End Every Meeting On A Positive NoteInc - Sep 12So often meetings feel like yet another necessary evil of doing business. At the end of a meeting, we observe quick exits, zoned-out looks, and the whispered utterances, "Well, that was a waste of time" or "Thought it would... Read »
- Teams Can’t Innovate If They’re Too ComfortableHBR - Aug 14On a warm afternoon in June, a few dozen people gathered on a sun-dappled spot of lawn in Cambridge to discuss the very broad topic of modern leadership. The head of a famous museum debated a senior exec from Google about... Read »
- Managers Can Motivate Employees With One WordHBR - Aug 13Human beings are profoundly social — we are hardwired to connect to one another and to want to work together. Frankly, we would never have survived as a species without our instinctive desire to live and work in groups,... Read »
- A Fairer Way Of Giving Credit Where It’s DueHBR - Aug 8People have a deep need to feel that their contributions to the group are acknowledged — even celebrated. Financial compensation alone cannot satisfy that requirement. Fairly assigning credit, however, is difficult. In... Read »
- What To Do If Your Team Is In A RutHBR - Aug 7Another brainstorming session, another slew of tired ideas. Your team is in a rut, but what can you do about it? How can you push everyone to be more creative? Where should you seek inspiration? What’s the best way to... Read »
- Save Your Next Staff Meeting From ItselfHBR - Aug 6While many leaders see staff meetings as vital to the success of their organization, most employees see them as a painful waste of time. As a result, employees arrive or leave whenever they wish; check their emails; doodle;... Read »
- Learning Collaboration From Tika-Taka SoccerHBR - Jul 2Solo efforts and individual stars used to decide the fate of soccer matches. The 1970s, 1980s, and even the 1990s were dominated by legendary players such as Pelé, Franz Beckenbauer, and Diego Maradona, who, thanks to... Read »
- Managing A Team Across 5 Time ZonesHBR - Jun 17At Steelcase, we all understand that the rhythm of a global team is not a perfect 9-5 melody. But understanding something can be very different from living it. My team has grown increasingly distributed across multiple... Read »
- How To Give Your Team FeedbackHBR - Jun 17Business books, magazines, and blogs are chock full of advice about how to give feedback to individuals, but how do you do the same for your entire team? What type of constructive criticism is appropriate in a group setting?... Read »
- Engage Your Employees With Personal AttentionHBR - Jun 10Several years ago, a large, global company asked me to help improve their employee engagement. I suggested a strengths-based approach to the problem: a search for “hot spots” in the organization where people were highly... Read »
- Build Your Own All-Star TeamHBR - May 15Let’s imagine that you have recently assessed your company’s talent, and that you found plenty of high-performing executives and employees. Yet somehow your company’s overall performance isn’t where it should be —... Read »
- The Best Leaders Are Humble LeadersHBR - May 12In a global marketplace where problems are increasingly complex, no one person will ever have all the answers. That’s why Google’s SVP of People Operations, Lazlo Bock, says humility is one of the traits he’s looking... Read »
- Make Your Team Feel PowerfulHBR - May 7Research has shown that helping others feel more powerful can boost productivity, improve performance, and leave employees feeling more satisfied on the job. A study conducted by Yona Kifer of Tel Aviv University and... Read »
- For most people, paid work is unsettling and energy-sapping. Over a five-year timeframe, we studied 32 exemplary companies (collectively employing 600,000 people) across seven industries including hospitality, banking,... Read »
- Leading Teams
- 8 Productivity Hacks For CEOs(CEO.com)4 days ago--
- 5 days ago--
- 6 days ago--
- 4 days ago--
- 5 days ago--
2014 Social CEO ReportIt’s that time of year again. Are CEOs finally going social?
A 360° View Of the CEOWhat do executives and employees say about their bosses behind closed doors?
The CEO Information Consumption ReportFind out where, how and on which devices CEOs are relying on for news, trends and other information.