- What To Do If Your Team Is Letting You DownHBR - May 4I was working with a CEO who was frustrated that his team often failed to meet deadlines. When I asked why he thought that was, he explained that it was because they were lazy. When I met with the team to ask why they were... Read »
- 3 Crucial Steps To Finding The Right Leaders For Your...Fast Company - Apr 13"He had the background I was looking for, his references were great, but he ended up as the wrong fit for us. What happened?" I’ve heard this question dozens of times. Choosing the right executive is one of the most... Read »
- Google Is Tackling The Science Of How To Build...Quartz - Apr 9Project Oxygen started out as an attempt by Google’s People and Innovation Lab (PiLab) to prove that managers don’t really matter. The internal team of researchers, who are focused on understanding how people work, ended... Read »
- Good Leaders Aren’t Afraid To Be NiceHBR - Apr 8It only took me about three seconds to decide what to wear on the first day in my new gig as strategy director at Genuine Interactive, a digital marketing agency (jeans and a wrinkled linen shirt, duh). Deciding what books... Read »
- Empathy Is Key To A Great MeetingHBR - Mar 23Yes, we all hate meetings. Yes, they are usually a waste of time. And yes, they’re here to stay. So it’s your responsibility as a leader to make them better. This doesn’t mean just make them shorter, more efficient,... Read »
- Personality Tests Can Help Balance A TeamHBR - Mar 19It’s just plain hard to get people working together the way you’d like. That’s because, left to our own devices, we are often too greedy and self-centered to collaborate, preferring instead to compete as individuals.... Read »
- Positive Teams Are More ProductiveHBR - Mar 18All managers would like their teams to be more productive. Yet most companies are using the same old methods: strategic plans, goal-setting, streamlining operations, reducing inefficiency. Others are offering employee perks,... Read »
- Grow Your Leadership TeamGreat Leaders Serve - Mar 16When we began researching the best practices of High Performance Organizations, we were not surprised to discover the best leaders, when attempting to build great organizations, did not work alone. They built strong... Read »
- Leaders: Team Building Starts With YouLinkedIn - Feb 11Team building starts with the leader. That does not mean that the leader needs to be the final say in how everything transpires. It also does not mean that all decisions need to come from the top down, they can come from the... Read »
- Great Teams Need Social Intelligence, Equal...HBR - Dec 16In sports, some people are famous for “making other players better.” Magic Johnson, the great basketball player and winner of five National Basketball Association championships, was not merely a terrific scorer, passer,... Read »
- Leading Your Team Into The UnknownHBR - Dec 5Ask notable innovation leaders what they think about traditional management practices—say, those taught in a typical MBA program—and you get some pretty strong reactions. Take Elon Musk, a cofounder of PayPal, Tesla, and... Read »
- Making Dumb Groups SmarterHBR - Nov 25Since the beginning of human history, people have made decisions in groups. As the saying goes, two heads are better than one. If so, then three heads should be better than two, and four better still. With a hundred or a... Read »
- Rules Of Engagement For High-Performing TeamsInc - Oct 22Rules of engagement help define how your team will interact. They are like the "We Card." signs you see in every convenience store. Those signs were created to help the store workers identify and prevent age-restricted sales... Read »
- Why Your Team Needs RookiesHBR - Oct 2Hiring managers often view newcomers to their organizations as not only long-term assets but also short-term burdens: people who need to be inducted, trained, and given lighter loads as they get up to speed, inevitably... Read »
- What New Team Leaders Should Do FirstHBR - Sep 12Getting people to work together isn’t easy, and unfortunately many leaders skip over the basics of team building in a rush to start achieving goals. But your actions in the first few weeks and months can have a major... Read »
- Leading Teams
- 4 days ago--
- 3 days ago--
- 1 week ago--
- 4 Questions That Help Build A Winning Leadership Team(Entrepreneur)4 days ago--
- 2 days ago--
2014 Social CEO ReportIt’s that time of year again. Are CEOs finally going social?
A 360° View Of the CEOWhat do executives and employees say about their bosses behind closed doors?
The CEO Information Consumption ReportFind out where, how and on which devices CEOs are relying on for news, trends and other information.