- 5 Ways To Successfully Negotiate AnythingInc - Jun 4When you think about it, there is very little that happens in your day that doesn't require some sort of negotiation. It's more obvious if you are in management or sales, but even home life can have you negotiating with your... Read »
- How To Negotiate Like Bill GatesBusiness Insider - May 12Entering a negotiation is a journey into the unknown — you have no idea how it will turn out. The uncertainty of bargaining can make even the most seasoned negotiator nervous. But you don't have to let the tension control... Read »
- Conventional wisdom says that, in negotiations, it’s better to offer the other party a firm number rather than a range. The thinking is that a hiring manager who hears, “I want between $40,000 and $45,000″ will focus... Read »
- Why Do Women Negotiate For Less Than They Deserve At...Fast Company - Oct 7Recently, I interviewed a video production company owner who told me the starting salary for one position at her company is $65,000. As a shrewd business person, her opening offer to prospective hires is $60,000. Invariably,... Read »
- Creativity Is Your Best Negotiation TacticFast Company - Jun 26Ted Leonhardt always got the jitters before a big client meeting. It didn't matter that he ran a design firm with big name clients like Boeing and Charles Schwab, raking in $10 million a year in fee revenue. Closing a deal... Read »
6 Negotiating Tips For Getting What You WantFast Company - Mar 19It doesn’t matter if you’re working on landing a new job or promotionor trying to get your bosses to sign off a new idea, being persuasive goes a long way in getting things done. It’s a more nuanced quality than just... Read »
3 Tricks That Make Negotiations WorkForbes - Jan 31The conventional wisdom: Negotiation is serious business, you have to keep your eye on the ball, it’s war carried out by other means. Read »
5 Steps To Negotiating Like An FBI AgentFast Company - Sep 9Chris Voss was the head of International Hostage Negotiation for the FBI. His convincing tips on bargaining can help you get what you want. Read »
5 Negotiation Tips From Steve JobsTime - Jun 17A series of emails about ebook prices between Apple and HarperCollins, including ones written by Steve Jobs, were recently released as part of the Department of Justice price-fixing suit against Apple and a number of major... Read »
The One-Minute Trick To Negotiating Like A BossHBR - Jun 11Life is full of negotiations, big and small. We negotiate for raises, we negotiate with clients and providers over prices, and we negotiate for more staff, the best projects, and flex time. Read »
The Steve Jobs Emails That Show How To NegotiateBusiness Insider - May 22Ahead of its court date, the US released emails that purport to show Apple was the “ringleader” in a scheme to set artificially high ebook prices with some of the largest American publishers, which have already settled... Read »
Can You Negotiate Higher Starting Pay?Fortune - May 16Maybe, says an executive recruiter, but the process takes lots of preparation, some practice, and setting the right tone. Read »
This Is The Most Effective Persuasion TechniqueInc. - Feb 13Over 40 separate studies affirm that this simple, practical technique doubles your chance of getting a yes, but surprisingly few people put it into use regularly. Read »
5 Ways To Close Big Deals Right NowFortune - Feb 4How to overcome a climate of uncertainty and move from talk to contract. Read »
Should You Eat While You Negotiate?HBR - Jan 29Are business deals actually improved when people discuss important matters over a meal? Read »
- 4 days ago--
- 3 days ago--
- 4 Questions That Help Build A Winning Leadership Team(Entrepreneur)4 days ago--
- 2 days ago--
- How Leaders Can Slow Time Down(CEO.com)1 day ago--
2014 Social CEO ReportIt’s that time of year again. Are CEOs finally going social?
A 360° View Of the CEOWhat do executives and employees say about their bosses behind closed doors?
The CEO Information Consumption ReportFind out where, how and on which devices CEOs are relying on for news, trends and other information.