- Making A Critical Hire? Here’s Why You Should...CEO.com - May 20Making a wrong hire at the senior management layer can cost the organization between $240,000-$840,000, as cited by various studies. Even at the low end of that range, that is an unnecessary and undesirable... Read »
- The Critical Hiring (Or Promotion) Factor Everyone...CEO.com - Dec 9Maybe qualifications are critical. Or experience. Or hard skills. Or soft skills. Or work ethic, or leadership ability or cultural fit. Of course it’s usually a combination. But here's another way to look at choosing... Read »
- Using Your Culture To Attract Top TalentForbes - Oct 20Drab offices, deafening silence, draconian rules — these are the trademarks of stifling workplaces. And if your aspirational employees are working in this kind of environment, believe me, they won’t stay long. Read »
- Here’s Why This CEO Finds All Her Employees Through...Business Insider - Aug 28Rebekah Campbell, founder of social network start-up Posse, knows this conundrum well, as she explains in a column for the New York Times. "My problem was that the best candidates all had good positions and were not reading... Read »
- Last year, 35% of 38,000 employers reported difficulty filling jobs due to lack of available talent; in the U.S., 39% of employers did. But the idea of a “skills gap” as identified in this and other surveys has been... Read »
- Why I Do All Of My Recruiting Through LinkedInNYT - Aug 19Recruiting the right team member is always difficult. I start off knowing that I need someone to perform a task, and imagine what qualities that person might possess. How, in a sea of people, can I find my ideal... Read »
- Cultivate An ‘Employee First’ AttitudeCEO.com - Jun 19“This is the most significant investment we’ve made in our partners since the introduction of Bean Stock.” I read that statement with interest the other day. Starbucks staff, referred to as “partners,” will now... Read »
- The Worst Hiring Mistake Any Company Can MakeLinkedIn - Jun 11We've all hired people we knew would be superstars and turned out to be duds. And we've all failed to hire people who turned out to be superstars at another company. Big mistakes? Sure—but not the biggest. And definitely... Read »
- Zappos Killed The Job Posting – Should You?HBR - May 28Zappos is often out in front of new and unusual HR policies. It originated the “pay employees to quit” policy adopted by Amazon.com. And now, Zappos will abandon job postings, according to Stacy Donovan Zapar, Zappos’... Read »
Why Execs Shouldn’t Write Culture DecksHBR - Jun 27How can young startups continue to attract and retain great talent? One of the keys may lie in culture. Companies are creating "culture decks" to answer the question, "why should I work here?" Read »
- Dropbox CEO & Sequoia Partner On How To RecruitTech Crunch - Jun 25Dropbox founder and CEO Drew Houston and Sequoia Capital partner Bryan Schreier joined us in the TechCrunch TV studio for a special three-part series on how Houston and Schreier work together on recruiting, growing as a CEO,... Read »
10 Tips To Help You Hire RightInc - Jun 6Nothing is more important--and less predictable--than recruiting. Here's how to get better. Read »
- 5 Culture-Killing Candidates You Should Never HireCEO.com - Feb 21It’s interview time. On paper the candidate looks great—but there's more to the story. Here's how to avoid five potentially business-crippling candidates. 1. The Royal We “We developed the first app that was... Read »
How To Hire Superstar EmployeesEntrepreneur - Feb 12How solid is your current hiring process? One of the best ways to get the right talent on board is to have a trusted hiring process in place. Here's a six-step process you can adopt as is or tailor to meet your needs. Read »
Hiring B Players Will Kill Your StartupVentureBeat - Feb 6B players and C players are far worse than D’s and F’s. In fact, in my experience, B players are the worst hires you can make. Read »
- Why Chief Executives Fall From Grace(CEO.com)5 days ago--
- 3 days ago--
- 5 days ago--
- 3 days ago--
- 3 days ago--
2014 Social CEO ReportIt’s that time of year again. Are CEOs finally going social?
A 360° View Of the CEOWhat do executives and employees say about their bosses behind closed doors?
The CEO Information Consumption ReportFind out where, how and on which devices CEOs are relying on for news, trends and other information.