- Cultivate An ‘Employee First’ AttitudeCEO.com - Jun 19“This is the most significant investment we’ve made in our partners since the introduction of Bean Stock.” I read that statement with interest the other day. Starbucks staff, referred to as “partners,” will now... Read »
- The Worst Hiring Mistake Any Company Can MakeLinkedIn - Jun 11We've all hired people we knew would be superstars and turned out to be duds. And we've all failed to hire people who turned out to be superstars at another company. Big mistakes? Sure—but not the biggest. And definitely... Read »
- Zappos Killed The Job Posting – Should You?HBR - May 28Zappos is often out in front of new and unusual HR policies. It originated the “pay employees to quit” policy adopted by Amazon.com. And now, Zappos will abandon job postings, according to Stacy Donovan Zapar, Zappos’... Read »
Why Execs Shouldn’t Write Culture DecksHBR - Jun 27How can young startups continue to attract and retain great talent? One of the keys may lie in culture. Companies are creating "culture decks" to answer the question, "why should I work here?" Read »
- Dropbox CEO & Sequoia Partner On How To RecruitTech Crunch - Jun 25Dropbox founder and CEO Drew Houston and Sequoia Capital partner Bryan Schreier joined us in the TechCrunch TV studio for a special three-part series on how Houston and Schreier work together on recruiting, growing as a CEO,... Read »
10 Tips To Help You Hire RightInc - Jun 6Nothing is more important--and less predictable--than recruiting. Here's how to get better. Read »
- 5 Culture-Killing Candidates You Should Never HireCEO.com - Feb 21It’s interview time. On paper the candidate looks great—but there's more to the story. Here's how to avoid five potentially business-crippling candidates. 1. The Royal We “We developed the first app that was... Read »
How To Hire Superstar EmployeesEntrepreneur - Feb 12How solid is your current hiring process? One of the best ways to get the right talent on board is to have a trusted hiring process in place. Here's a six-step process you can adopt as is or tailor to meet your needs. Read »
Hiring B Players Will Kill Your StartupVentureBeat - Feb 6B players and C players are far worse than D’s and F’s. In fact, in my experience, B players are the worst hires you can make. Read »
Big Companies Using Employee Referrals For HiresNYT - Jan 28Big companies like Ernst & Young are increasingly using their own workers to find new hires, saving time and money but lengthening the odds for job seekers without connections, especially among the long-term unemployed. Read »
4 Characteristics To Look For When HiringBuild Network - Jan 23The top four characteristics to look for in people you recruit — according to Conductor CEO Seth Besmertnik. Read »
- Don’t Hire The Perfect CandidateHBR - Jan 14Even if you can't live in this ideal, you can better understand your situation to aim for more realistic candidate expectations. Read »
How To Dramatically Improve Your HiresForbes - Dec 20Select for success. Read »
How To Hire Someone You Won’t Regret In A MonthFast Company - Dec 13Success hinges on finding great people, but killer candidates can be nightmare employees, and duds can morph into your biggest stars. Here are the 3 biggest hiring mistakes to avoid. Read »
How CEOs Can Personally Recruit Top TalentInc. - Nov 28Take a cue or two from Justin Yoshimura, a 23-year-old Silicon Valley serial entrepreneur who is his company's lead headhunter. Read »
- Why Marissa Mayer Is 2014′s Top CEO(The Street)5 days ago--
- 5 days ago--
- 3 days ago--
- 6 days ago--
- 3 days ago--
A 360° View Of the CEOWhat do executives and employees say about their bosses behind closed doors?
2013 Social CEO ReportWe did it again. Are America's top CEOs getting more social?
The CEO Information Consumption ReportFind out where, how and on which devices CEOs are relying on for news, trends and other information.