Google's annual developer conference, I/O, took place this week, and the company unveiled several new features and products incorporating artificial intelligence (AI).
Google committed to using AI responsibly. The company said it would be rolling out new safety features for AI in evaluating images and that all AI-generated images will have metadata and markup.
The company's focus on AI is a sign of the growing importance of the technology. AI is being used in a wide range of applications, from healthcare to transportation, and it is expected to play an even more significant role in the future.
Despite the rise of ChatGPT and Microsoft in the space, Google's announcements at I/O show that the company is committed to leading the way in the development of AI. The company's new features and products are designed to make AI more accessible and valuable.
Some of the most significant announcements included:
- A new AI-powered editor in Google Photos can fill in missing parts of photos, such as people or objects.
- A new AI-powered assistant in Google Docs that can offer suggestions and help users improve their writing.
- A new AI-powered search results page that will give users a more conversational experience.
- A new AI-powered Project Tailwind notebook will help users organize and analyze their data.
- A new foldable smartphone called the Pixel Fold.
- A new tablet called the Pixel Tablet.
The above article was written, edited, and reviewed with AI assistance by experienced CEO.com journalists and researchers to produce the most accurate and highest-quality information.